Saturday, April 10, 2010

printf("Hello, World!");

I've been working on the architecture of Internet systems since 1994. It's been a wonderful time, one that has seen software architects move collectively from obscure geekdom to running the development departments of the biggest Internet juggernauts. The best of times and the worst of times, frequently very close to each other, sometimes even coinciding.

I find that the world of software needs a lot of architectural attention. You won't agree with all my ideas of how things should work, but I guess you'll always have an opinion about them. The more people think about architecture, the more they actually do architecture, and that can only be a good thing.

So, comment liberally, disagree or agree with me, just use these humble thoughts as a jumping board for your own imagination. That's all I want out of this, and it would be a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment